Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 4: Feed the Dragon

YES! Ladies and Gentlemen! If you have an extra kid running around the house, get rid of your worries and please feed our hungry dragon!


What I wanted to tell you about Zurich is not how wonderful their public system are, or how clean the city is, or how clean their river is (maybe that, later). Instead, what I enjoyed the most about the city is this:


It's a dragon slide! So basically, you put the kid in the dragon's mouth, and chuuuuute, pop! The kid comes out of the other end, like so:


And the kids would do this again, and again, and again!


Since I consider myself pretty small, I decided that it won't be too rude to the children if I give the thing a try too! And ooooh! It quite fun to be sliding down the dark metal tunnel, and progress at a faster and faster speed until the bottom, where I'd be plopped into a room full of bookshelves of children's book.

Other fun things they got going on is the story telling session. At the children's book section of a different bookshop specializing in English books, a storytelling session is going on.


The storytelling session was something like in the movies, where you'd have a lively actor at the corner, and two dozens or so interested children... with their changing little faces:


Yes... in taking this picture, I was somewhere in scuffled in the crowd. Condensing myself as tiny as I can be, so to pretend that I am not an adult. Frankly, I think that the reader they have here is a pretty good actor! He makes simple books with size 24 font come alive and feel real. Ah... wouldn't you want to hear a book like this being read in full animation?


(I really do want to eat one)

3 comments:

joy.lee said...

ahh what a stephanie place to be in! a children's book store.. =D

i loved the children's expressions. i wish i could hear that man telling stories too.

sephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sephanie said...

Yaaa... I like children´s space... they´re fun. I want to buy that man, and plop it in my own library (if only I have one! hahaha) Btw, did my email get to you?