Friday, July 31, 2009

Back from Paris!

And am very thankful to be back in Stockholm because that I don't have to be so apologetic to the French over the fact that I can't speak French anymore! Snobs. This is how it regularly goes for me:

"Pardon Madam, can you help me in English?"

"NOOOOOO"
*grumpyface*

(You understand English don't you Madam?)


Other than that, Paris is a BIG city. By that I don't mean aerially big in the way Houston is, but big in a sense that it has such a rich urban design and cultural heritage that the seven days that I have there is not enough to see all of the parks and green walls that I have come here to see, but enough to experience that annoying Frenchness of theirs. In Jeremy's word: "You've got to love and hate the French at the same time. You love them because they stick to their traditions, and you hate them because they stick to their traditions."

Now in summer, there is so much tourists around the Eiffel, Monalisa, Louvre, etc. that the city feels an amusement park, where you get tossed from one famous icon to another famous icon.

No comments: