Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 37 - San Giovanni di Dio II


Sweet girl (doesn't she look mature and well behaved? ahahaha). My guess is that she is a Filipino. I found her on the only exotic food stall which sells asian-indian spices and nuts, thai and basmati rice, terong bulet, kacang panjang, and banana flower (of all places!!!).


This is Stefania, the friendliest Italian market vendor I've ever met in the quest for the perfect open air market experience. The vendors here don't speak English at all (unless they're Bangladeshi, of which there were few), most of them are not aggressive, but they don't care about you either. They look at you think that you're a strange sight: a lost tourist, perhaps? I managed to exchange a short conversation with her though, up to a point where we introduce ourselves. I think she is what they call here simpatico (easy to get along with, friendly). I wonder if she remembers me from the other day, because I have her photographs (she doesn't look that happy there!) Her tomatoes are a little old and mushy, but her blood oranges are extra dolci. Definitely coming back there!


These girls laughed at me for some reason =D?
Whatever. You're happy, I'm happy!


Dangling baby joey on a kangaroo mommy, hihihi.

2 comments:

Richardson said...

You found terong and kacang panjang? That's awesome!

sephanie said...

Hahahah thanks =D Stok sayur2an disini is not bad at all =P I never thought about it before, but There is such thing as Chinese Italians! They speak Italian too!