Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day 3 - Good Witch's Day

So! The Italians have been on holidays since Christmas--Italians are foooond of holidays, and this is the last day of their official Christmas holiday...

This carrousel sits at the center of Piazza Navona, surrounded by stores selling al sorts of Christmas ornaments, festival games/shooting tournaments, and other shiny bewitching things.

Friends I walked to the festival with (left to right), Francis, Oren and Khairul, along with your take home, battery powered sniggering witches.

Little Italian witch. Witcho Petito?

Don't they tell you, never smile to strangers?

I'm told, that keeping up with appearances and 'bella figura' (literally meaning the perfect, beautiful figure) is part of the Italian midset. So given that, this is the prettiest Italian I've seen so far. Black hair, blue eyes. She is quite tall too... her head is noticeably above the crowd.

At the alley leading to the festival, my eyes met with a fortune teller. I smiled, but did not stop. He smiled back happily to me. Can I say that he saw that my fortune was good? Deeply... I hope so.

No comments: