Monday, September 14, 2009

Bologna Weekend

They say all roads leads to Rome. But for me, no matter how much I love Rome, the roads seems to lead to Bologna more than Rome.

For the 4th time, I'm back in Bologna. First visit was to see Gabri whom I met in the previous year. Second was as a part of uni's northern Italy trip. Third was to visit Gab again on the way to Cinque Terre, and now, my sort-of employer, Andreas invited me to a green expo in Bologna.

This is one of the Italian green wall product on display at the expo... It's a pretty standard product.

And this is Andreas my boss (although probably he wouldn't call himself that way), and his new vintage toothpaste.

Bologna second hand market at San Stefano

A sweet accordion player who has a good smile... I was listening to her under Bologna's endless porticoes as I wait for Gabri to come out of the Sunday mass.

Gabri!

Delllicious pasta with fiori di zucca and mussels!!!

Sidenote: Coming back to Italy makes me realize how photogenic the country really is. It is easy to take good pictures of Italy and blog about it. Perhaps it's is because their medieval-renaissance culture places strong emphasis on axially oriented design? Anyhow; something in the way the city is laid made it measuredly scenic, even on my tiny point-n-shoot camera. This is in contrast to Munich, which is a wonderful city to live in, and by far a more comfortable place to walk around at... but, I have yet to take good pictures of it. Without those gigantic d-slr that has wide apertures, the pictures I take here look so flat and banal. Munich really is a nice place to be, and deserve more blog notes than it currently has.

No comments: