Sunday, August 16, 2009

Work!

Just not to lead you on the wrong impression that I am holidaying in Europe, here are some pictures of my colleagues and what we do up here in Sweden. I mainly travel on weekends, and I actually go to work nine-to-five everyday. Most of the time, I am working on sketchup renderings for the company project, but every now and then, I get to do my green wall study and go on a maintenance trip with Louise or Anna.



Above is of Louise doing the maintenance at Halsotek (a medical center). Theirs is the oldest plantwall the company has in town (2.5 years old), and it has ivies taking root and breaching the structural wall behind it. And below is Anna doing maintenance pruning on the 7 meter plant wall at the Neurological department of Karolinska Institute. When you are up there with the ladder, the wall is higher than you think!




Here am I doing a night maintenance (9pm!) using the 4 meter scissor... because of the leverage, controlling an object 4 meters high is not that easy! I had a difficult time preventing myself from getting swayed by the scissor and stumbling down on the stairs. This office is the only place that I know of in downtown Stockholm that opens until 12 midnight. It's a law firm (you budding law students out there, your life isn't that much of a different than that of an architect!).

And I don't have the picture of Hans and Johan, who owns the Green Fortune office that I am interning for right now. There's something odd about taking the picture of your employer in working situations. Maybe some other time.

No comments: