Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 80 - Papal Easter Mass

The Papal Easter Mass at the Vatican is the pinnacle of Easter Sunday celebration for the Catholics. Thousands of people pour into St. Peter's square to see the Pope give his blessings...


It was pouring rain, but these believers are not to be deterred.


From very very far away, I did see the pope as two-pixel dot. But people watching was fun too. Some sang, some yawned. A couple of children got dragged into the Mass too... some curled up in their parents lap, others in a plastic-bubbled prams. The older ones are nagging or find their own amusement. Poor things... they must be bored da morire.


For the most part, the Vatican Easter celebration is like a gigantic communal TV-watching event (and that's the Pope singing hymns in Latin).

(Get your eyes off my daughter, you heathen!) I think I was rude to snoop around with my camera. But hey, I wasn't the only one!


Mommy... somebody's stalking me...

No comments: